Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Mom,

I love that billboard! It is really funny. I forgot we have such nice mountains in Utah as well! whoo! It is because we have such a great outdoors in Utah that we are so tempted to take such risks. Josh looks like Tyler. How weird. How old is Josh now? 10? I can't remember how old he is, lame. What is happening with Ali? Tell her that she is in trouble with me. Kate's team is good again? I feel lost as to which team she is on now, and if they are good or not. Good to see she is winning though, there is no better feeling. Tell them all I love them

I am not too sure what to say about this week. I feel like I just told it all to dad and now there is nothing for me to say. Okay, I will tell you a random story that was funny, but yet it was spiritual. So, we have a Jamaican investigator named Liz and we wanted to teach her with a Jamaican lady in the ward named Jean. We set it all up to happen this Friday. We got to the teach and Liz wasn't home, so we were scrambling trying to figure out what we could do now that we had Jean with us ( you have to make the most out of the time you get to work with a member). I remembered that we had another Jamaican potential investigator that we could stop by and Jean said she knew them ( there must be an under ground Jamaican community that we are unaware of). We drove over and knocked on the door, Icelyn (the potential) answered and we got into conversation. Eventually she invited us in. We sat down and started talking about religion, Jean started to tell her conversion story, and this weird thing started to happen, everytime Jean would say a positive thing they would chant "yes, yes,yes" or if it was negative "no, no,no".  This went on for quite a while and the whole time I was just smiling. They were talking about some funny doctrine and the whole time my companion and I did not say a thing. I felt like I did not understand what was happening. It was like a Jamaican language. It was so funny! At least I thought so. It was also cool because we now have a return appointment for this week with Jean again. I tthink we will just let Jean speak, because she really seems to know how to relate to them.

I got my licsence by the way, I don't know if I told you that. It happened about three weeks ago! the test here is like 100 times harder. The Lord definitely helped me pass. We should be getting a new car this week, which is pretty nice. I am happy! You stay happy mom. You are a wonderful mother. Talk to you next week! 

Elder Hegerhorst

No comments:

Post a Comment