Sunday, June 30, 2013


Letter sent May 26, 2013

Mom,
 
I really loved your email this week. I have always known you have a testimony, but it was so good to hear you say it like that. I think being Relief Society President has been a big blessing. It is funny how callings can do that to us. I know that my calling to be a missionary has totally changed the way I deal with day to day life. I love it. The gospel can give us such a better picture on life and the things going on around us. I don't know if you saw what happened in London this week, but it was a pretty big deal in our week. A lot of people were saying that religion causes those things to happen. They are somewhat right, but they do not understand that Jesus never taught us to be like that. Elder Evans and I watched the bible videos this morning, they are amazing. I love them! It may be the fact that those are one of the few forms of movies that we can watch, haha.
 
This week has been a really good one. *** is doing really well. We had to give him a new date to be baptised, which is the 8 June.  We have been teaching a family called the **** for a while. The wife is a less-active and the rest of the family is non members. Anyway, we invited the family to be baptised this week. When we did it the 9 year old son shouted for joy, it was great. That was a big miracle. We were able to teach a lot this week, which was also really nice. The Zone had the best week since I have been a zone leader. We were really blessed this week. We are going to be doing a lot of misc. tuff this week, but it should be good. It is transfers this week, I am almost positive I will be staying.
 
I love you lots, mom. Glad to hear you are all doing so well. Keep reading the scriptures. Ether 12:4. Have a great week and enjoy the time off.
 
Elder Hegerhorst

No comments:

Post a Comment