Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mom,
I am doing good. Just trying to work hard! we are having much success of late. It is a good feeling when you start to see the fruit of your labors. Yes, ????? is getting baptised! he passed the interview on Saturday. He has asked me to preform the baptism. My first time baptising someone and I have to give a talk on Sunday! Usually I would be all stressed about things like this, but now there is just no time to be stressed. ha. I think it is so fun being a missionary. It is so cool meeting people from literally every walk of life.

Tanner got his call? I didn't even know he put in his papers. Man, that is so exciting. Korea.  I am blessed to be in England. Not sure I could handle Korea. Rain boots? haha. No, I have never seen a missionary where rain boots. That would be really funny to see. I think I might be buying a suit today though! So that will be some fun. We are going to Sutton again.

I think it is so awesome that grandma is going on a mission. She will see so many blessings from it. She is such an awesome lady. How is things over there? you guys are living the summer life. ( there is no summer in England) ha. Was the fourth fun?  It was weird to think that you guys were having the barbeque without me. I hope it is all going well. My ankle is getting way better. I wore a shoe to church yesterday. It was really weird, I hadn't had a shoe on that foot for 8 weeks. How crazy! I can't believe it's been that long.

This week was awesome! we taught 19 lessons! That is really busy. I am getting so many miles on this boot. The pad on the bottom is starting to wear through. Sometimes when I step down I can hear the plastic hit. We had a number of miralcles. One really cool one was on wednesday. We were walking and we had been behind this woman for quite sometime when she stopped to get something out of her bag. We asked if she was alright and she said yes. Normally we would have just kept walking, but we both just sat there. Eventually we told her we were missionaries. Once we told her that it seemed like some thing clicked in her head. She started to tell us how bad her family life was and how she wanted it to be better. Then she told us that when she stopped she was praying for help, at that time she heard our voice. She said she thought it was God speaking to her! It was pretty cool:) now we see her everywhere( I think God is telling us something).

Hope everything is good there. Enjoy the beautiful weather. Tell everyone that I love them. I write Richard quite a bit, he seems well. I guess I am due for a weird compaion though.  Part of the missionary experience! Yes, the new pres is here. President Millar, I get to meet him on Friday. Love you mom. Be safe. John 14:27-28

Elder Hegerhorst

No comments:

Post a Comment