Monday, October 28, 2013


Sent October 20,  2013

Mother,

This week was a little bit of a crazy one, but it was a lot of fun. We have been going on a lot of exchanges lately and Elder Hamilton does not have his UK license, which causes me to stay in the area because I can drive the car. He is in the fun process of getting it though. I am so happy to have that off my back. Thank you for the assistance you gave me to help me attain it. I owe you and Dad a lot! I will pay you back for everything. I have a funny old couple next to me right now. It is funny hearing them try to use the computer. ha

We had a really cool miracle this week. When I first got here we got a referral from Mormon.org for a man that requested a Book of Mormon. We went to his house and gave him the book, but he would not let us teach him. He said that if it wanted us to come by he would contact us. Whenever someone says that it means you will not see them again. I know that sounds really negative. Anyway, so we saw him once after that, had a chat, but he was not interested beyond that. That was like 5 months ago. The miracle is this, this week we were driving somewhere and we got a text and it said something like this, " Hi, this is Jon I am not getting the Book of Mormon. I think it would be good for me to be a Mormon for a month, come to church, read, and do what Mormons do for a month and see if it suits me."  It was so awesome! We taught him the next day and he came to church this Sunday. It was cool. He is 23 and has a job.  It would be good for the Bath ward to have some strong YSA. That is the big event of last week.

This week we have zone conference down in Poole. We will be driving down there, it's a decent drive. Not too much else happening here though. That is really cool that Alex is the art teacher at the high school. What happened to the other guy? The track coach, I can't remember his name.

Thanks for your email mom. You are great. Good to hear you and dad are getting to spend some time together. You two are great. Have a good week. Love you!

Elder Hegerhorst

No comments:

Post a Comment