Monday, October 28, 2013

Mom,

Wow, it is good to see that people are getting so excited about missionary work. It is such a big push that is happening world wide right now. Advice for your talk, I would just tell the member that they need to study PMG. It is the key to missionary work. It does not just apply to full-time missionaries. There is a sister in the ward right now who is very fired up about missionary work and she studies it. I could tell because the other night we were teaching an investigator in her home and she used the commitment pattern found in chapter 11. Awesome. There is a scripture I really like  for member work. 1 John 4:18 talks about love casting out fear. Sorry, I can not think of too much else.

Things are going really well here. As I told dad, we have two investigators that are doing really well. Jon is really cool I told you about him last week. Now he has a date to be baptized on and he is reading the Book of Mormon really well. A miracle this week happened with Liz. We taught her on Tuesday and invited her to church. She said she was unsure and would let us know. We called her on Friday to follow up and she told us she decided not to come because she was uncomfortable with it. After that my companion and I prayed that something would change to give her the desire to come. She called us Saturday morning and left a message saying she wanted to come. Miracle! God answers prayers.

I must get going mom. I love you. Have a great week. I am doing very well. I love being here, there is no better work in the whole world.

Elder Hegerhorst

No comments:

Post a Comment