Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sent August 5, 2012
 
Mom,
Hello! man this week has been absolutely crazy so far! I'll give you the low down on the life of Elder Hegerhorst the last few days. On Sunday the Zone leaders picked up Elder Freeman and I at our flat and took us to their flat where we waited for some of the other elders going home.  We talked to them for awhile and went to bed.  In the morning Elder Freeman and all the other leaving missionaries left to go to the temple where they would spend their dying days in solitude.:)  So for the next couple of days I was in a tri with the zone leaders. It was really fun. I never want to be a Zone leader, they just have to worry about everybody elses problems. no good. They are both really fun guy though so we tended to have a good time.  But here is the big news................................................................ I am training! I am so scared. But the Lord will provide a way. I honestly don't know why I am training. It will be okay though. He is a great missionary. He is from Germany! How cool is that? You must tell Grandpa. We were able to do a little bit of work yesterday and it went really well. We stepped out of the flat and the first person we talked to was a woman with a family and she said we could probably come teach her sometime! The first person we talked to! NICE. He must be a righteous missionary if the Lord blesses him like that. I am also district leader now which is a little crazy. I am happy though. It will be a learning experience.
 
How are you though mom? Are the girls doing well? how is everyone? Is Xander getting back into the swing of normal life? I hope you are all doing well. You guys are always in my prayers. Take care of them. I love you so much! The gospel is so important. I know it to be the way to find the greatest joy in this life and in the life to come. Jesus is our Savior and Redeemer. Joseph Smith did see God the Father and Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon can bring us closer to God than anything else. Love you. take care. bye
 
Elder Hegerhorst

No comments:

Post a Comment