Monday, October 8, 2012

Mom,
 
Wow, you are right, conference is like a whole new world when you are on a mission. It reminded me of why I am out here. Some times I tend to get bogged down in the stress of it all. Am I working hard enough? why aren't these people progressing? we need to find new people, am I being a good companion? do I have the spirit enough? these things all get me stressed, but conference kind of just brought it all down to the basics. I do this because I love the Lord and because of all the things He has done for me. I love conference, each talk kind of falls under two categories for me. 1. the ones that chasten me and want me to become a better person and missionary. 2. the ones that just make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside and get me to say "wow, the church is so true". I don't think I comprehended the meaning of the phrase the church is true until I got out here and saw all of the different denominations. Just in our area someone told me that there are 77 different organized churches! That is crazy.
 
Cami is going to go on a mission! Man, how great is this. Our whole family is going to be on a mission. ha. Oh that brings so much joy to my heart. What did you think of the announcment. I expected the boys one, but not the sisters. How wierd to think that there are going to be girls in the mission younger than me. Weird.  Tell Cami to write me please, that punk never does.
 
We had a pretty fun day yesterday. We all went to Crawley, which is the stake center and watched conference with like ten missionaries. It was really cool. Afterward the members of our district came and spent the night in our flat because they were going to get home at like 10:30 if they took the train and that is quite late for us missionaries. It was fun, we made a huge dinner with all of the random things that we had left over in our flat. (it was not the best meal)
 
We had a really cool experience this week. We were walking on the road and met this guy named ****, and we gave him a Book of Mormon and were able to talk to him about it. Then we said a prayer right there in the street and we are seeing him tomorrow.  Those are the moments we live for as missionaries.
 
I love you so much mom. Have a great week and enjoy being with the family.
 
Love Elder Hegerhorst

No comments:

Post a Comment