Sunday, September 23, 2012

Letter to Steve, September 3rd

Dad,
 
I think that it is quite funny that you guys had the missionaries over. I don't know why. I just can't remember a time when we had them over when I was at home. That dinner sounds heavenly though. The food here is good, but it is just not the same as moms cooking. I also miss fast food in America, namely things like IN N OUT and JCW'S. those places are like little peices of heaven on earth. The closest thing you can get to that out here is Mcdonalds and it isn't even quite the same as it is in America. Oh Tyler, he is such a good kid. I am really glad to see that he is going on splits with the missionaries. It would be so much different to be on a mission in Utah. 
 
You need to tell me the story of uncle Jaime. I find your mission so interesting now. I can't wait to come home and talk about our missions. Eliane is doing great! She is officially getting baptised on Saturday! She is so prepared. I can't wait to see the difference the gospel will make in her life. Things are going great here. We met some solid families this week and I am really excited to meet them and hopefully help them work towards coming into the church.
 
You will school me when I get back. I am definitely in the worst shape of my life and it is only going to get worse.  That is a really cool dream. I need to get better at writing down spiritual impressions also. I think it is something that can be very special. Imagine looking back at our spiritual impressions in a coulple of years. It also shows the Lord that we hold the revelations he gives us very special.
 
My ankle is doing really well it is almost perfect but not quite there. I think I will just be one of the old guys that is always wearing an ankle brace. haha. I hope all is well with you. You are a the best dad that I could ever ask for. Take care of the family. I have been conteplating a lot on faith recently. We met this guy recently and had a long convesation about faith. I had him read Alma 32 and he has such an issue with the fact that "faith is a hope for things that are not seen, which are true."  It is something that brings happiness and peace. Faith dispels fear and doubt. It is the most important thing that we have on this earth.  Hold it close to you dad. We have a knowledge that can change the world, we need to share it.
 
Elder Hegerhorst

No comments:

Post a Comment