Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sent April 22, 2013

Mom,
 
This week has been crazy. It is just such a fantastic time to be in the mission field. You hit the nail on the head with the pain of furnishing new flats. Elder Evans spent a lot of the week last week furnishing ours. It is so much work! I never realised how many things we use every day and take for granted.  Example: the other night we had to buy a really easy meal because we had nothing to make it in. We made it in the oven, but then we realised we had nothing to eat it with like a fork or anything. We ended up sitting on the floor eating it with our hands! It was funny though. Don't worry though mom, we have all that worked out. We have not slept on the floor yet. Luckily a sister in the office ordered some beds that got to us in less than a days time. We spent a lot of time this week cleaning and preparing the other flat for the Sisters to move into . We spent so much time doing it because we knew that Sisters would be moving in. Last week was also the official moves day. It was a busy day. There are 29 missionaries training this transfer, and there are like another 60 coming in soon. Lots of changes. Being a zone leader is like being a mom I decided. You have to deal with all these little problems that no one ever really sees, until they are a mom! well I don't know if I have the right to compare anything to motherhood, never really experienced it myself. The motive behind the analogy was to give you and idea.
 
Our area is doing okay.. ha not too well really. We have two investigators. **** is the main one. He is a boyfriend of a recent convert. He is a really nice guy. He goes to church, reads the Book of Mormon and prays. All he is struggling with is getting a spiritual witness that God is there. Maybe you can pray that he will recognise his answer. It is a brand new area, which means Elder Evans and I will be hitting the streets this week. I am excited to do that though. There is something exciting about the thought of opening a whole area and just making it into what I want it to be. More what the Lord wants it to be. We are going to have to seek His guidance a lot this coming week/transfer. My companion is feeling better. He is a really good missionary, a really good teacher and I am excited to learn from him. He is Australian, not sure if I told you that last week. And guess what? He know Tory Mason! He met her in Saudi Arabia. Crazy huh. Do you know what is going on with her? Both him and I are curious. I don't hear from those people.
 
Not too sure what else you want to hear about. I am doing well, a little stressed, not bad though. I love you so much mom. Thank you for taking the time out of your week every week to send me an email. It is really nice. I hope all is well. Tell me if I can do anything for you. I will continue to pray for you and all the family. Tell them I love them. I think I will send you and Email addressed to Kate.
 
Elder Hegerhorst

No comments:

Post a Comment